Tomorrow is Earth Day. There are some in the world of climate science calling it a tipping point. To what?
I have come to realize how much our individual and everyday actions can be impactful: they are not just drops in a bucket. What we choose to do can influence and educate others, or at least generate a conversation, or even just a thought, or the beginning of a thought. It’s something. So, at the risk of being severely told off for telling you to eat your spinach, here are a few suggestions for Earth Day and beyond...
- reject all disposable plastic: carry a bag, a container, a drink bottle
- freeze your food waste for composting (most markets collect)
- at work, reuse print outs for notes on the other side and use glasses and metal forks etc, not the disposable stuff
- check your power supplier: can you opt for a renewable energy supplier?
- talk to your kid/someone’s kid about any of this and why it matters